In life when posed with a dilemma, what do you do? Pull out your Knock Knock Pro-Con pad, naturally. I love this little note pad, its a fun exercise when you are stressed out about anything and everything. I know you girls can understand the stress and pressure of going through IVF. I feel with each IVF cycle that comes and goes you feel more pressure because you know what to expect. I find the dreaded two week wait is basically being placed in solitary confinement where your mind just takes over and creates the most ridiculous scenarios.
This morning I pulled out my little Pro-Con pad and started writing out what the Pro’s would be if I tested before my Beta (blood pregnancy test) and the Con’s if I tested early with a negative result. I decided to just write whatever, honestly at this point I really don’t care how ridiculous I sound.
I am 6dp5dt (six days post five day transfer) and so pumped up on hormones I could probably power shop for 48 hours straight and that’s without caffeine. I would clearly avoid the jean department since injecting PIO (progestrone in oil) gives you instant muffin top. As much as I would like to laugh about this, it’s not funny. Now I am laughing.
Hopefully you can read all my Pro and Con’s above but just in case you can’t let me list them for you. I want you to start off your Friday morning with a laugh.
Pro’s if I take the HPT early (home pregnancy test) and it’s positive:
- Would know sooner
- It would prepare us
- Wouldn’t have to wait all day on Beta day
- Could start the celebration early (of course cautiously what the heck, FULL BLOWN PARTY MODE)
- I would start a new love affair with home pregnancy tests.
- Would be happy it was Beta day
- Entertain my husband with my angelic-like singing voice
- Start thinking of baby names
- Create Pinterest board of all baby stuff
- Take 1000 selfie’s to document day
- Start preparing my husband for the “push gift”
- Research fashion-forward maternity wear.
- Babymoon? I am thinking St. Barth’s or Paris! Why Not?
- Pick out the perfect pink nail polish to wear because of course we are having a girl.
Total number of Pros: 14
Con’s if I take the HPT early and it’s negative:
- Create unnecessarey stress
- Get into bad frame of mind (we know how that works don’t we girls)
- Could be right
- Could create a retail therapy bindge @DVF
- Unhappy about going to Beta appointment
- Would eat cake for breakfast
- Wouldn’t care that cake has Gluten
- Could possibly get another Frenchie
- Would drink a bottle of Vueve Clicquot by myself and Rose please it’s an emergency, not yellow label
- More retail therapy @DVF
- Start new blog why I hate HPT
- Light all remaining HPT on fire
- Google why IVF fails
- Google why I care what Google says
Total number of Cons: 14
So you can see my dilemma really didn’t get resolved. I am tied at 14 for each. I could flip a coin but I would rather hear what you girls think I should do.